Dudley Bradstreet and Ann Wood
8th Great Uncle and his wife
Dudley Bradstreet (1648–1702)
Birth 1648 • of Andover, Essex, Massachusetts
Death 13 NOV 1702 • Andover, Massachusetts
Simon Bradstreet (1603–1697)
Birth 18 MAR 1603 • Horbling, Lincolnshire, England
Death 27 MAR 1697 • Salem, Essex, Massachusetts, United States
Anne Dudley (1612–1672)
Birth 20 MAR 1612 • Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
Death 16 SEP 1672 • Andover, Essex, Massachusetts, United States
Anne Wood (1647–1707)
Birth Jul 1647 • England
Christening • 16 Jul 1647 • St Olave, Bermondsey Southwark, Surrey, England
Death 1707 • Andover, Essex County, Massachusetts, United States of America
Richard Wood (1620–1700)
Birth 1620 • Norwich, Norfolk, England
Death 1700 • Andover, Essex, Massachusetts, United States
Ann Priddeth (1625–1684)
Birth 1625 • Norwich, Norfolk, England
Death 26 JUL 1684 • Bradford, Essex, Massachusetts, United States
12 Nov 1673
Dudley Bradstreet (1648–1702)
Anne Wood (1647–1707)
Old North Parish Burying Ground – North Andover, Essex, Massachusetts
|Death:||Nov. 13, 1706
ROYAL FAMILIES Americans of Royal and Noble Ancestry, Volume One, Governor Thomas Dudley, and Descendants Through Five Generations, by Marston Watson, second edition, page 2234. COL. DUDLEY BRADSTREET, ESQ. (Anne DUDLEY, Thomas); b. 1648 Cambridge.; m. Ann WOOD 12 Nov. 1673 Andover; d. 13 Nov. 1702 Andover, Mass. [intestate]. He was an esquire, colonel in the militia, selectman, town clerk, schoolteacher and for many years a magistrate. He opposed the witchcraft delusion. His mother’s verse was: “My fifth, whose down is yet scarce gone, Is ‘mongst the shrubs and bushes flown. My other three still with me. nest, Until thery’re grown, the, as the rest, Or here or there they’ll take their fight, As is ordained, so shall they light.”
ANN WOOD; b. ca 1653 Andover, Mass. She was the daughter of Ricahrd and Ann (Priddeth) WOOD of Barbados, who m. 2nd Thomas JONES in Barbados. Their daughter Ann m. 1st Theodore PRICE 1 Aug. 1667 at Salem , son of Capt. Walter PRICE of Salem. Her daughter was Elizabeth Price and her son-in-law was Rev Thomas Barnard (Find A Grave Memorial# 8297724). he along with Col. Dudley Bradstreet were among the 23 signers of a petition to end Salem Witchcraft trials.
Children of Col. Dudley BRADSTREET, Esq. And Ann WOOD all b. Andover:
176. i. Rev. Dudley BRADSTREET, b. 27 Apr 1678; m. Mary WAINWRIGHT.
177. ii. Margaret BRADSTREET, b. 18 Feb 1679/80; m. Job TYLER
178. iii. Anne BRADSTREET; b. 5 Nov 1681; d. 12 Nov 1681 Andover, Mass.
8th great-uncle and his wife
father of Dudley Bradstreet
son of Simon Bradstreet
daughter of John Bradstreet
son of Mercy Bradstreet
daughter of John Hazen
son of Eunice Hazen
son of Jacob Reeder
son of John W Reeder
son of Gaylord Hampton Reeder
son of Wilson Gaylord Reeder
child of Harold LeRoy Reeder
- American Marriages Before 1699. Ancestry.com, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 1997, http://www.Ancestry.com.
- Baker, Emerson W. A Storm of Witchcraft: The Salem Trials and the American Experience. New York, NY, Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Colonial Families of the USA, 1607-1775, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2016, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=61175.
- Dodd, Jordan, Liahona Research, comp. Massachusetts, Compiled Marriages, 1633-1850, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2005, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=7853.
- Essex, Massachusetts Probate Records, 1648-1840. Ancestry.com, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 1997, http://www.Ancestry.com.
- Godfrey Memorial Library, comp. American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI), Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 1999, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=3599.
- Edmund West, comp. Family Data Collection – Births, Ancestry.com Operations Ina, 2001, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=5769.
- Edmund West, comp. Family Data Collection – Individual Records, a, 2000, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=4725.
- Heritage Consulting. Millennium File, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2003, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=7249.
- Massachusetts, Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index, 1790-1890, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 1999, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=3553.
- Massachusetts, Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2011, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=2495.
- New England Historic Genealogical Society. Massachusetts, Town Birth Records, 1620-1850. Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 1999, http://www.Ancestry.com.
- New England, Salem Witches and Others Tried for Witchcraft, 1647-1697. Ancestry.com, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2000, http://www.Ancestry.com.
- North America, Family Histories, 1500-2000, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2016, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=61157.
- Roach, Marilyn K. The Salem Witch Trials: A Day-by-Day Chronicle of a Community Under Siege. Lanham, Maryland, Taylor Trade Publications, 2004.
- U.S., Find A Grave Index, 1600s-Current. Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2012, http://www.Ancestry.com.
- U.S., New England Marriages Prior to 1700. Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2012, http://www.Ancestry.com.
- U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970. Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011, http://www.Ancestry.com.
- Witches” of Massachusetts – Biographies of Accused and Condemned of Witchcraft – B, Legends of America, http://www.legendsofamerica.com/ma-witches-b.html.
- Yates Publishing. U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=7836.