Lot Strange (1699–1786)
Birth 4 MAR 1699 • Portsmouth, Newport, Rhode Island, United States
Death 6 JUN 1786 • Portsmouth, Newport, Rhode Island, United States
Phillippa Strange (1722–1768)
Birth 2 OCT 1722 • Freetown, Bristol, Massachusetts
Mary Paine (1738–1817)
Birth 1738 • Freetown, Bristol, Massachusetts
Death 8 Feb 1817 • Freetown, Bristol, Massachusetts
Amy Cudworth (1779–1831)
Birth 22 AUG 1779 • Freetown, Massachusetts
Death 19 AUG 1831 • Farmington, Oakland
Jesse Cudworth’s Will
I give to my Daughter Amy Andrews wife of Benjamin Andrews Twenty dollars to be paid in one year after my decease.
John Andrews. (1820–1893)
Birth 1820 • Bristol, Ontario, New York
Death 1893 • Farmington, Oakland, Michigan
Amy Andrews (1855–1938)
Birth 7 Sept 1855 • Farmington, Oakland, Michigan
Death 1938 • Redford, Wayne, Michigan
Florence Katherine Knacker (1895–1943)
Birth ABT 1895 • Redford, Township, Wayne, Michigan
Death 5 AUG 1943 • Stockbridge, Ingham, Michigan
Harold LeRoy Reeder (1932–2004)
Birth 08 JUL 1932 • Plymouth, Wayne, Michigan
Death 14 JUN 2004 • Ilwaco, Pacific, Washington
Harold LeRoy Reeder
8 Jul 1932 – Plymouth, Wayne, Michigan
14 Jun 2004 – Ilwaco, Pacific, Washington
My father, Harold LeRoy Reeder, was born on July 8, 1932 in Plymouth, Michigan. His parents were Florence (Katherine) Knacker and Wilson Gaylord Reeder. He had three sisters and two brothers: Margaret (1919), Billy (1921), Hazel (1924), Betty (1928), and Ralph (1935).
In 1935 when he was about three, my father and his family lived in Plymouth, Michigan with his parents. In 1940 at the age of seven, he and his family lived in Superior, Michigan. In 1943 when Harold was 11, he lost his mother. Catherine died from leukemia in Redford, Michigan.
In 1950, Harold joined the United States Navy. After his honorable discharge in 1954, he joined the Corps of Engineers and served as a bridge painter. He painted The San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, and the Golden Gate Bridge in California. He also signed up with The United States Army and fought in the Korean War.
On May 27, 1960, my father married Dorothy Marie Allen in Alameda, California. They had five children: Ann Marie (1961), Tommy Wilson (1963), David LeRoy (1965), Keith Allen (1968), and Daniel Harold (1970).
In 1960, my parents lived in Alameda, but in 1961, they were living in Seattle, Washington until September. Next, the army sent him to Fort Carson, Colorado. We lived there until around 1963 when we moved to Hotchkiss, Colorado. In 1964, his father passed away. He was 79 years old. In 1965, we moved to Alameda, California.
In 1979, he moved to Hayward California to live with his girlfriend. Ann and David also moved to Hayward.
On April 22, 1980, Harold and Dorothy divorced.
On November 1, 1981, he married Rae Kargel.
In 1996, Harold and his new family moved to Long Beach, Washington.
On June 14, 2004, Harold died in Ilwaco, Washington.
The Columbian, Vancouver, Washington, USA, 22 Jun 2004
Amy Cudworth (1779–1831)
- Society, New England Historic. New England Historical & Genealogical Register Volume 19. Vol. 19, Published by the Society, David Cliff & Sons, Boston, 1865.
- “U.S. Wills and Probates.” Ancestry, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2015, http://www.ancestry.com/search/categories/us_willsprobate/.
Lot Strange Lot Strange (1699–1786)
- Dodd, Jordan, Liahona Research, comp. Massachusetts, Compiled Marriages, 1633-1850, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2005, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=7853.
- Edmund West, comp. Family Data Collection – Births, Ancestry.com Operations Ina, 2001, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=5769.
- Edmund West, comp. Family Data Collection – Individual Records, a, 2000, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=4725.
- Godfrey Memorial Library, comp. American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI), Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 1999, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=3599.
- Massachusetts, Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2011, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=2495.
- “Rhode Island, Vital Extracts, 1636-1899.” U.S., Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File, 1850-2010, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2014, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=3897.
- “Strange: Biographical and Historical Sketches of the Stranges of America and Across the Sea.” Edited by Alexander Taylor Strange, Google Books, Higginson Book Company, Salem, 1911, books.google.com/books?id=ohtWAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA11&lpg=PA11&dq=lot%2Bstrange%2Band%2Bhannah%2Bhathaway&source=bl&ots=6npUuhgUgR&sig=uyCEiGA-tvArhVft-RnmYmMJwj8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiju927mOzfAhUE3YMKHV59CFw4ChDoATAAegQIABAB#v=onepage&q=lot%20strange%20and%20hannah%20hathaway&f=false.
- “Strange.” The Internet Surname Database, Name Origin Research, 2017, www.surnamedb.com/Surname/Strange.
- “The New England Historical and Genealogical Registry.” Edited by Albert Harrison Hoyt, Google Books, Heritage Books, Inc. 1993, books.google.com/books?id=DsBBRvs-43wC&pg=PA356&lpg=PA356&dq=lot%2Bstrange%2Band%2Bhannah%2Bhathaway&source=bl&ots=ZEQIKXvA8z&sig=ucXpXcsAgCd0Q0EqwPCSObmNIcQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiju927mOzfAhUE3YMKHV59CFw4ChDoATADegQIBxAB#v=onepage&q=lot%20strange%20and%20hannah%20hathaway&f=false.
- “The New England Historical & Genealogical Register and Antiquarian Journal.” Edited by Samuel G. Drake, Google Books, Samuel G. Drake, Boston, 1861, books.google.com/books?id=Zrk-AAAAYAAJ&pg=PA237&lpg=PA237&dq=lot%2Bstrange%2Band%2Bhannah%2Bhathaway&source=bl&ots=B9o9d-oYE2&sig=MdaIS7efjuadEjnq3P7mjyyb6C8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiju927mOzfAhUE3YMKHV59CFw4ChDoATACegQIBBAB#v=onepage&q=lot%20strange%20and%20hannah%20hathaway&f=false.
- “The South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine.” Edited by Mabel Louise Webber, Google Books, Baltimore Williams & Wilkins Company, 1919, books.google.com/books?id=Bo9IAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false.
- Yates Publishing. “U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900.” U.S., Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File, 1850-2010, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=7836.