Two years ago, I decided to take a leap of faith and try something new. In April 2016, I began my blog, Tales of a Family. When I started, I wanted a place to save and share the stories and histories that I discovered as I researched my family tree. Over the years, it has expanded as I began to share my poetry and short stories too. This journey has been so incredible, for I have found a great place to meet beautiful people who share my passion for writing. Through this adventure, I have met the kindest people. This morning I learned that one of my all-time favorite bloggers nominated me for the Mystery Award.
This exciting author, Mr. John James Cudney IV, not only maintains his fascinating blog, This is my Truth Now, but also finds time to write book reviews. Furthermore, my blogging buddy has authored the book, Watching Glass Shatter. Please take time to check out his site. And thank you, my kind friend for nominating me for this award.
Put the logo on your blog
List the rules
Thank whoever nominated you and add a link to their blog
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
Answer the questions you were asked
Nominate a few people
Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice. One weird and one funny one.
Share a link to your best post.
Here are three things about myself ~
- Even though I am a grandmother of seven, I still have a secret desire to backpack through Europe.
- I am a sixth-grade language arts teacher, and many of my students call me gramma.
- I love to decorate, and I am trying to turn my home into the cottage of my dreams.
Questions For Me:
- How many countries and/or states have you lived in? Least and most favorite?
I have lived in Washington, California, Colorado, and Arizona. I really can’t say I have a least favorite, but Colorado has always felt like home. I do not remember Washington, but I was born in Seattle. My childhood years I lived on the tiny island of Alameda, California, and it was the perfect place to live as a child. When I lived in Arizona, I moved around quite frequently while living in a camper on the Navajo Reservation. That experience was amazing. My soft spot has always been Colorado, for it is the home of my family. My least favorite place would have to be a large city. I am a country girl at heart.
- What author whose last name begins with an M comes to mind and why?
OOh, this one is easy… L.M. Montgomery has always been one of my favorite writers. I loved the series Anne of Green Gables. Another writer would be Toni Morrison and her haunting book, Beloved…Margaret Mitchell, Gone with the Wind, and the child within still loves A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh.
- What charity do you most support or believe in?
The charities I support and believe in are St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International Inc.
- Where is your go to spot to be alone and think?
My go to spot to be alone and think is my back patio. It’s calming and peaceful. I have a great view of mountain sunrises and sunsets, and at night the stars are just magical.
- What’s a great unsolved mystery you wonder about sometimes?
Lately, my most significant unsolved mystery has to do with an illness that runs in my family, diabetes. Since type I has affected the children in my family, I wonder when science will discover a cure.
One of my Favorite Posts
- Heaven’s Sunshine
- Pen and Paradise
- The Ceaseless Reader Writes
- Robert Bérubé généalogie et autres histoires
- Photography Journal Blog
Questions for My Nominees
- What makes you happy?
- Why do you blog?
- What is a truly memorable moment that your savor?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What animal should be your spirit animal? Why?