Thomas Putnam and Ann Carr
Birth 1652 • Salem Village, Essex, Massachusetts
Death 24 MAY 1699 • Salem Village, Essex, Massachusetts
Thomas Putnam (1613-1686)
Ann Holyoke (1621-1665)
Birth 15 JUN 1661 • Salisbury, Essex, Massachusetts
Death 8 JUN 1699 • Salem, Essex County, Massachusetts
George Carr (1599-1682)
Elizabeth Oliver (1624-1691)
Salem Witch Trials
(Warrant v. Rebecca Nurse )
To the Marshall of Essex or his deputie
There Being Complaint this day made (before us by Edward putnam and Jonathan putnam Yeomen both of Salem Village, Against Rebeca Nurce the wife of franc’s Nurce of Salem Village for vehement Suspition, of haveing Committed Sundry acts of Witchcraft and thereby haveing donne Much hurt and Injury to the Bodys of Ann putnam the wife of Thomas putnam of Salem Village Anna puttnam the dauter of Said Thomas putnam and Abigail Williams &c
You are therefore in theire Majesties names hereby required to apprehend and bring before us Rebeca Nurce the wife of franc’s Nurce of Salem Village, to Morrow aboute Eight of the Clock in the forenoon at the house of Lt Nathaniell Ingersoll in Salem Village in order to her Examination Relateing to the aboves’d premises and hereof you are not to faile Salem March the 23’d 1691/2
p us *John. Hathorne ] Assists
*Jonathan Corwin ] Assists
March 24’th 1691/2 I have apprehended the body of Rebeca Nurse and brought her to the house of Le’t Nath. Ingersal where shee is in Costody
p’r *George Herrick Marshall of Essex
(Reverse) in the meeting house (be) Mary Walkott Marcy Lewis Eliz: Hubberd
all these accused goody Nurce then to her face that she then hurt them &c and they saw besides the others on Contra Side
( Essex County Archives, Salem — Witchcraft Vol. 1 Page 19 )
Danvers, Essex County, Massachusetts,
2nd cousin 13x removed
father of Thomas Putnam
father of Thomas Putnam
parents of John Putnam
son of Nicholas Putnam
son of Richard Putnam
daughter of Edward Putnam
son of Ann Putnam
son of Thomas Kinne
son of Thomas Kinne
daughter of Moses Kinne
son of Abigail Kinne
son of Daniel Frink
son of Zachariah Frink
daughter of Elias Frink
daughter of Clarissa Amelia Frink
daughter of Ellsa LaDuke
daughter of Anna Strassburg
daughter of Elva Marie Bryant
daughter of Dorothy Marie Allen
- Godfrey Memorial Library, comp. American Genealogical-Biographical Index (AGBI), Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 1999, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=3599.
- Colonial Families of the USA, 1607-1775, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2016, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=61175.
- Dodd, Jordan, Liahona Research, comp. Massachusetts, Compiled Marriages, 1633-1850, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2005, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=7853.
- Edmund West, comp. Family Data Collection – Births, Ancestry.com Operations Ina, 2001, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=5769.
- Edmund West, comp. Family Data Collection – Deaths, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2001, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=5771.
- Edmund West, comp. Family Data Collection – Individual Records, a, 2000, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=4725.
- Edmund West, comp. Family Data Collection – Marriages, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2001, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=577.
- Gale Research. U.S. and Canada, Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2010, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=7486.
- Heritage Consulting. Millennium File, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2003, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=7249.
- Massachusetts, Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index, 1790-1890, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 1999, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=3553.
- Massachusetts, Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2011, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=2495.
- North America, Family Histories, 1500-2000, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2016, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=61157.
- U.S., Find A Grave Index, 1600s-Current, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2012, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=60525.
- U.S., New England Marriages Prior to 1700, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2012, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=3824.
- “U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970.” Sons of the American Revolution Membership – Ancestry.com, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2011, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=2204.
- Web: Netherlands, GenealogieOnline Trees Index, 1000-2015, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2014, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=9289.
- Yates Publishing. U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900, Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004, search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=7836.