Do You Wish You Could Return to Moments From Your Past?
Week of February 3 – 9 – Magical Moments
February offers new memories to share with others. Take a peek to see the latest writing prompts for the month.
What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.”
~William Shakespeare (Romeo and Juliet: Act 2, Scene 2)
“Most of us have nicknames—annoying, endearing, embarrassing.
But what about your true name?
It is not necessarily your given name. But it is the one to which you are most eager to respond when called.
Ever wonder why?
Your true name has the secret power to call you.”
― Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration
Okay, so last year, I started my own blogging challenge, so I would continue researching and writing about my family history. A couple of years ago, I found an old genealogy site by Amy Johnson Crow, 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks. Although the writing venture had ended, I followed it anyway, and it opened up a door of incredible discoveries about my family. As my year crept to a close, I longed for another writing quest, but I could not find anything. That fall, I got busy and created my own writing challenge called My Tales, and I opened it up to other writers. It was a fun experience, and I did have a few bloggers participate on a regular basis.
Once the year came to a close, I didn’t know what my next move should be, for I learned that Amy Johnson Crow had started up her writing prompts once more. One fellow blogger enquired if I were going to continue. Although I hated to see it end, I didn’t see the point since I knew I wanted to follow Amy’s new prompts for the year.
Still, I started wondering about some of the things my bloggers, friends, and family had stated. One blogger told me that she enjoyed my site and enjoyed writing challenges, but she also shared that she just couldn’t bring herself to write about her family. Even my own grandkids had their spin on the family tales. While they loved the history, they wanted to know more about my life and their mom’s childhood too. With that in mind, I decided to give My Tales another shot, except this time I would focus on prompts that could involve more individuals, for it could still include genealogy buffs as well as folks that love to write about life.
This time, I will do bi-weekly writing prompts, and I hope participants will continue to share their stories. Here are the January Themes. Happy Writing!
- Naughty Epistles and Angel Wings ~ Tales of a Family
- The Key to my Heart ~ Tales of a Family
- Happily Ever After ~ Tales of a Family
- My Spiritual Journey, Step-by-Step ~ KTC from Princes, Paupers, Pilgrims, and Pioneers
- Land of the Pharaohs ~ KTC from Princes, Paupers, Pilgrims, and Pioneers
- Life was Simple ~ Tales of a Family
Nostalgia is a sentimental yearning for how things used to be or how they were for a brief moment. Do you ever feel nostalgic about your childhood or other times in your life?
- And She Rose ~ KTC from Princes, Paupers, Pilgrims, and Pioneers
- Suffer the Little Children ~ Gary A. Wilson: A Dime of Time
- The Red Racer ~ Tales of a Family
- Compass ~ Tales of a Family
- Seven ~ Tales of a Family
Let’s share some stories for May! With these high-spirited topics, the tales should be fun-loving and humorous. Happy writing!
- Ordering Babies From the Montgomery Ward Catalog ~ Tales of a Family
Where did June go? This summer has flown by all too quickly, and I never put up the June writing prompts. I apologize to my bloggers that share their stories on this site.
This time I am not placing dates or deadlines, just the writing prompts, so share when you can.
Since July is all about hot summer nights and friends, I decided to use these as suggestions for our stories. Have fun, and do not forget to share your tales.
Hot Summer Nights
- Fourth of July Memory ~ Stories Served Around the Table
- Sizzle ~ KTC from Princes, Paupers, Pilgrims, and Pioneers
- The Dry Grass of August ~ KTC from Princes, Paupers, Pilgrims, and Pioneers
- Recalling a Great Friendship ~ Gary A. Wilson: A Dime of Time
- My Pengrove Pivot ~ Gary A. Wilson: A Dime of Time
- Helping Her Reach Higher ~ Gary A. Wilson: A Dime of Time
- A Song From on High ~ Gary A. Wilson: A Dime of Time
As summer slowly slips away, now would be a great time to share your favorite summertime memories. Remember to add your stories.
- In Over my Head ~ Tales of a Family
- IDK, What do You Want to do? ~ Gary A. Wilson: A Dime of Time
- Water Adventures ~ Gary A. Wilson: A Dime of Time